16.12.11

In Memoriam: Christopher Hitchens

RIP Hitch...

Christopher Eric Hitchens (13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011)

He was a Great writer, who had a huge influence on me and my thinking/writing. I feel it also as a personal loss and the only thing that now comes to mind is a part of the lyrics from the song Afterimage by Rush: "Suddenly, you were gone. From all the lives you left your mark upon."

Vanity Fair (one of the magazines that published Christopher Hitchens' columns in recent years) published a short piece after his death.

Wikipedia-page of the great man for those, who still don't know who I'm talking about.

My earlier posts about Hitchens (A tribute-video in English and two posts in Finnish):

My tribute to Christopher Hitchens
LinkkiMuistelmat ja aatelmat
Kauan eläköön Christopher Hitchens

Ei kommentteja: